Wintergreen Essential Oil Properties (Gaultheria fragrantissima Wall)
Wintergreen essential oil is invigorating. It has the odor of strong wintergreen or teaberry plants. It uplifts the spirit and revitalizes the mind with a refreshing aroma that is woody, cooling, and spells sharply of wintergreen.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Leaves
- Country of Origin: Nepal
Wintergreen Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Wintergreen Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Many say that wintergreen is nature’s aspirin. Its cortisone effects have been widely documented, and due to its pain relieving capabilities wintergreen is very popular with people suffering from rheumatism, arthritis, gout, chronic pain, carpal tunnel, and more.* Wintergreen helps to reduce spasms and eliminates pain thereby inducing needed relaxation. Wintergreen’s other reported therapeutic benefits are deodorant, mental alertness, gallbladder function stimulation, aids in promoting a positive self-image and forgiveness.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Wintergreen Essential Oil Suggestions for Blends
Wintergreen can be mixed with oil, cream and skin lotions.
- Do not use while pregnant or nursing.
- If you have had a history of health problems, consult your physician before use. Do not use if taking blood thinning prescriptions. Do not use on entire body.
- Do not ingest. May be harmful if swallowed consult a poison control center or emergency room immediately if accidentally consumed. Keep away from children.
- Do not use if taking anticoagulant medication, planning or if you have had major surgery, or if you have hemophilia, or another bleeding disorder, not recommended for usage in persons who take aspirin regularly or are allergic to aspirin.
- Do not use on those with salicylate sensitivity (often applies in ADD/ADHD). Use cautiously as 99% of wintergreen is salicylate, the main ingredient in aspirin. Never use internally, and use very, very carefully topically. Maximum skin use level: 2.4%.