Sweet Birch Essential Oil Properties (Betula lenta)
A clean, sharp, sweet scent, and is slightly balsamic, minty.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Sweet Birch Bark
- Country of Origin: Russia
Sweet Birch Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Sweet Birch
Native Americans used birch leaves and dried bark as a tea to relieve aches and pains, cramps, colds, congestions, fevers. The essential oil, distilled from the bark, has been used for gout, inflammation, muscle and joint aches, and pain. Russians have used birch leaves in steam baths since recorded history. The tree sap is used as a tonic for skin, muscle and joint issues. The sweet birch tree and wintergreen plant produce an essential oil that is closely identical in aroma and chemical composition.
Sweet Birch Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Birch essential oil properties are uplifting, aid in calming inflammation, numbs pain, soothes spasms, cleanses and purifies. Thanks to an active principle similar to cortisone, it’s beneficial for bone, muscle, and joint discomfort as well.*
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Sweet Birch Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Birch supports, grounds, connects and helps feeling supported. Helpful for those who feel alienated and weak-willed. Birch helps mind-body pain.
If using birch for emotional wellness, try using it with our free EFT Tapping scripts with products Peace essential oil blend, Courage and Clarity body mind lotion and Pain Away, which help release these emotional issues.
Sweet Birch Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Blends
Blends well with fir, sweet basil, bergamot, cajeput, cedarwood, German chamomile, Roman chamomile, frankincense, juniper, lavender, lemon, lemongrass, marjoram, peppermint, pine, rosemary, sandalwood, wintergreen.
Sweet Birch Essential Oil Safety Tips
- If you have had a history of health problems, consult your physician before use.
- Avoid if pregnant or nursing, taking anticoagulant medication, or have had or are having major surgery
- Should not be used on or given to children under 12.
- Do not use if you have GERD or ADD/ADHD.
- Do not use on entire body due to high methyl salicylate content.
- Do not use after or during flu.
- Avoid if you have hemophilia or another blood disorder. May interact with blood pressure, antiplatelet and anticoagulant medications.
- Should not be given to people with salicylate sensitivity (often applies in ADD/ADHD).
- Avoid with epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease.