Rosewood Essential Oil – Bois-de-rose oil Properties (Aniba roseodora)
Rosewood is sometimes referred to as Bois-de-rose oil, and is extracted from the Aniba rosaeodora tree. The scent is sweet, woody, fruity, floral aroma. Rosewood essential oil, bois-de-rose oil is used in aromatherapy, air fresheners, and insect repellents.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from wood
- Country of origin: India
Rosewood Essential Oil – Bois-de-rose oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Rosewood Essential Oil – Bois-de-rose oil:
Rosewood is also known as bois-de-rose. It is an evergreen tree that grows up to 40 meters. The oil is extracted from the trunk of the rosewood tree. Wood shavings are taken and processed via steam distillation to extract the oil. The wood from the Aniba rosaeodora tree is used to make furniture, chopsticks, and decorative carvings. It is native to Brazil and Peru although most sources are from other countries.
Rosewood Essential Oil – Bois-de-rose oil Uses and Benefits
Rosewood oil is used to make perfumes and soaps, and it is also used in aromatherapy. The scent of rosewood triggers feelings of happiness and strength. Aromatherapists use rosewood oil to lift moods. Rosewood is reported to calm the mind, cause hormone secretions, improve libido, and reduces stress.* Rosewood is also used to treat wounds, relieve pain (headaches, toothaches, muscle and joint pain), and prevent the formation of wrinkles, pimples, acne, and blackheads.*
Rosewood is also used as natural insect repellent. It is reported to be effective against mosquitoes, bugs, and ants.*
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Rosewood Essential Oil – Bois-de-rose oil Uses and Benefits / Blends
Rosewood essential oil can be used in a variety of ways. Here are a few of them:
- Diffuse rosewood with a vaporizer in a room.
- Mix rosewood with a carrier oil and apply two drops to the skin.
- While showering, add rosewood to the body. To correctly use the oil, turn off the shower and rub five to seven drops of rosewood over the body. Rinse it off, if you prefer.
- Mix rosewood with a lotion and apply over skin.
- Rosewood is also useful as a room freshener. A spray containing 15 drops per 2 ounces of water is recommended.
Rosewood Essential Oil – Bois-de-rose oil Safety Tips
- Use only when in conjunction with a carrier oil. Do not apply undiluted directly to the skin.
- Rosewood is a “hot oil,” and is not be used in bath water.
- As always, consult an aromatherapy practitioner if you are pregnant or have any other medical issue.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.