Black Pine Essential Oil Properties (Pinus nigra)
Crisp, sweet resinous and fresh pine odor.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Needles
- Country/Region of Origin: Mediterranean
Black Pine Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Pine Essential Oil
Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, confirmed the soothing and relieving effect of the pine essential oil. Pine trees are common in Hungary, Russia and Austria. It is used yearly as Christmas tree. Pine essential oil is usually available because the pine tree is very common. It can be identified by its bark which is reddish-brown, needle-like gray-green leaves that grow in pairs and orange-yellow flowers. When mature, this evergreen tree can grow to about 130 feet in height.
Black Pine Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Pine essential oil is a helpful aid to relieve congestion during a cough, cold and flu. Pine essential oil contains phenols in a high quantity which aid in fighting germs and bacteria.* This oil lifts moods and relieves depressive thoughts.
Black pine is used traditionally by Americans to ward off bedbugs and lice. The oil is also useful as a powerful cleaning agent.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Black Pine Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Blends & Suggestions
Blends well with bergamot, cajeput, camphor, cedarwood, clary sage, coriander, eucalyptus, frankincense, grapefruit, juniper, lavender, lemon, lime, tea tree, marjoram, neroli, peppermint, ravensara, rosemary, sage, spikenard, thyme, fir. Dilute with carrier oil for direct skin contact.
- Add few drops of pine essential oil in water before using it to bath or clean the house.
- Dropping the oil around a bed repels bedbugs.
- Add few drops of the oil to steaming water. Inhale to relieve a cough.
Black Pine Essential Oil Safety Tips
- Not to be applied undiluted on the skin.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.