Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil Properties (Origanum marjorana L.)
The aroma of Sweet Marjoram Essential oil is warm, spicy, strong, sweet, herbal.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from flowers and leaves
- Country of Origin: Egypt
Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil Background Information
Sweet Marjoram is a type of herb, in which its flowering tops and leaves are collected for the making of the oil. The flowers blossom off of branches sprouting from a leafy green bush. Sweet Marjoram is commonly found in Hungary, Egypt, Spain, France, Germany, and Portugal. Before the discovery of hops, Sweet Marjoram was said to be a vital part of brewing beer. Many ancient doctors used Sweet Marjoram to cure colds, and menstrual pains. Europeans still commonly drink Sweet Marjoram to maintain pleasant singing voices.
Origanum majorana is a plant the leaves are collected to make the essential oil. It is commonly known as knotted marjoram. It is cold-sensitive perennial herb and requires a hot climate to enable it retain its aromatic properties. Marjoram belongs to the mint flowering plant family. The oil is traditionally steam distilled out of both fresh and dried leaves of the plant. It has dark green oval leaves and white or red flowers and hairy stalks.
Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil is commonly produced in France, Morocco, Tunisia, Bulgaria, Egypt, and Germany. It is referred to as a symbol of happiness by the Greeks. The oil is pale yellow with watery viscosity.
Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
It is used by energy workers to massage the muscles, calm the nerves and to relieve stress. Marjoram helps release emotions of feeling unfulfilled and disconnected to life and others. This oil calms the spirit by comforting and soothing one during times of emotional distress and encourages safety and internal tranquility. The mind is supported by Sweet Marjoram as well, the oil helps to ease mood swings, and provides support during stressful internal times. It helps people who are emotionally unstable open up to others and be able to share their problems.
Sweet Marjoram essential oil is commonly used in aromatherapy for a variety of ailments including bruises, colds, rheumatism, intestinal cramps, menstrual problems, anxiety, asthma, bronchitis, insomnia, circulatory disorders, and muscular problems.*
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Marjoram opens, connects, increases loving bonds and feelings of safety and trust. Helpful to those who are aloof, reclusive, distant or fear rejection.
Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Blends & Suggestions
- To ease mood swings take a bath with 4 drops of sweet marjoram and 2 drops of sandalwood.
- To sooth PMS cramps and tiredness, mix sweet marjoram oil with valerian and lavender and massage it into the abdomen using clockwise, circular strokes, twice a day. Place a hot water bottle on your abdomen immediately after the massage to enhance the effects.
- To strengthen tired muscles take a bath with 4 drops sweet marjoram and 2 drops vetiver.
- To ease headaches or migraines, add 2 drops sweet marjoram and use your finger tips to massage the blend into your forehead.
- For use in acne, eczema, gently massage the oil onto the skin before going to bed. Dilute with a carrier oil.
- Mix with lotions to maintain a natural skin color, reduce redness of skin and keep it moist.
- Try a few drops in a sports massage for tired muscles.
- A few drops of sweet marjoram essential oil in a vaporizer will encourage sleep. Add a few drops to a warm/hot bath prior to sleep.
Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil Safety Tips
- Sweet Marjoram essential oil has no known hazards.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.