Lemongrass Essential Oil Properties (Cymbopogon flexuosus)
Strong, fresh, grassy, citrusy, lemon peel-like, herbaceous, tea-like scent with earthy notes. Aromatherapy properties include refreshing and rejuvenating. Stimulating and balancing. Its aroma inspires and brings fresh energy.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Grass
- Country of Origin: India
Lemongrass Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Lemongrass Essential Oil
Lemongrass is a type of grass, where the whole plant is needed to make the pure essential oil. This unusual grass can grow to be about 2 feet tall, with sharp leaves. This grass does not sprout flowers. The grass is found naturally in Brazil, Sri Lanka, and Central Africa. This fragrant grass was used in the ancient cultures to normalize and ease symptoms of PMS.
Lemongrass Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Mankind has found that lemongrass is another of nature’s miracles. Lemongrass essential oil has properties of relieving headaches, sore throats, respiratory problems, and fevers, as well as being a tonic, antiseptic, and insect repellent.*
Lemongrass essential oil offers an earthy scent while blooming with bursts of citrus and floral fragrances. When used in moderation, it is an oil that prevents dry, oily skin and leaves an individual feeling utterly refreshed. Lemongrass aids the spirit by promoting clarity, and the dissolution of negative emotions. The mind is also helped by improving focus, and helps one get a good night’s rest. Lemongrass essential oil is beneficial when working through emotions of resentment.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Lemongrass Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Lemongrass helps to let go of the past, increases clarity and cleanses the mind. Helpful to those who need to shed toxic energy, feel despair and who hoard possessions.
Lemongrass Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Blends & Suggestions
- To improve focus, place 1 drop of lemongrass oil on a tissue and inhale.
- To receive a restful sleep, vaporize 2 drops of lemongrass, with 2 drops of lavender as you sleep.
- To soothe physical tension, mix lemongrass with ginger and lavadin and massage it into the affected areas.
- To reduce constipation, mix lemongrass with coriander seed, and tangerine then apply it twice daily to the abdomen in a clockwise fashion.
Lemongrass Essential Oil Safety Tips
- Possible drug interaction with diabetes medications. Potential teratogenic effects in high doses.
- Do not use during pregnancy or while nursing.
- Possible skin sensitization. May affect hypersensitive, diseased or damaged skin. A recommended dermal maximum of 0.7% to avoid skin sensitization.
- Do not use on children under 2 years of age.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.