Lemon Essential Oil Properties (Citrus limonum)
Light, fresh citrus scent. Dubbed the “the sunshine oil”. Refreshing and rejuvenating. Its aroma inspires, brings fresh energy, and clears the mind.
- Fresh, sweet, citrus scent.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Cold Pressed from Lemon Peels
- Country of Origin: Italy
Lemon Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon oil is extracted from the rind or peel of fruit, not made from the juices. Lemon trees can grow from 10-20 feet tall. The fruit starts off as fragrant white flowers. Lemon trees are very common in Brazil, Israel, The United States, and Argentina.
Lemon Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Lemon essential oils fresh lemon peel scent is said to inspire creativity and provoke increased mental alertness. When used to freshen air in the homestead, it can enhance spiritual clarity and lead to feelings of happiness due to its energetic properties. Lemon oil gives a sense of peace resulting in less stress and more sleep and sharpening of memory. Lemon essential oil revitalizes the spirit by removing dark moods, restoring a zest for life, and renewing focus, while helping you solve problems. This oil aids in the relaxation of the mind by allowing you to sort through cluttered thoughts, and making mood swings more subtle.
In aromatherapy, lemon oil is known for aiding sore throats, nervous conditions, blood pressure, digestive problems, gallstones, debility, fever, and anxiety.* This oil can also be used as a tonic, astringent, and antiseptic. Other uses for lemon essential oil are the breaking down of cellulite and cleansing the bodily tissues.* The body is aided from the oil of lemon due to its abilities to ward off infections, sickness, and fatigue.
It is recommended that individuals experiencing problematic conditions with their feet, i.e. bunions, corns and callouses, rub lemon oil onto the place where the problem occurs.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Lemon Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Lemon increases focus, joy, mental clarity, energy and is helpful to those who have mental fatigue, learning issues, guilt and who lack joy and energy.
Lemon Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Blends & Suggestions
1–2 drops of lemon essential oil removes gum, oil, grease spots, glue or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces.
2–3 drops of lemon essential oil with water in a spray bottle cleans surfaces.
10–15 drops of lemon essential oil to a gallon of carpet cleaning solution helps pull out stains, brighten carpet and rugs.
A few drops of lemon essential oil on a cotton ball in the refrigerator helps to eliminate odors.
Lemon Essential Oil Blends
- To clear cluttered thoughts, vaporize 3 drops of lemon with 3 drops of eucalyptus.
- To soothe mood swings, especially after the second trimester of pregnancy, bathe with 2 drops of lemon, and 2 drops of geranium.
- To ward against colds, try an inhalation of 3 drops of lemon and 3 drops of tea tree.
- To overcome physical tiredness in late pregnancy, mix lemon with lavender and have it gently rubbed into your lower back.
- Two drops of eucalyptus mixed with two drops of lemon oil inside a vaporizer will clear the mind of scattered thoughts.
Lemon Essential Oil Storage
Keep away from direct sunlight or heat and in tightly enclosed containers. Refrigeration is recommended.
Lemon Essential Oil Safety Tips
- Lemon essential oil is non-toxic.
- It has been known to be an irritant in baths and massage for those with sensitive skin.
- It is also phototoxic, so avoid using it when exposed to sunlight 12 hours prior to topical application.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.
Lemon Essential Oil Reviews
”Wonderful Oils. Healing and awesome smells.” – J. Turnbell