Juniper Essential Oil Uses and Benefits – Properties (Juniperus communis)
Peppery, balsamic and warm, smoky, fresh and woody, reminiscent of evergreen oils.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Berries
- Country of Origin: Hungary
Juniper Berry Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Juniper Essential Oil
Juniper is a tree, and the berries are collected to make essential oil. Juniper is in the pine family of trees. Juniper essential oil is traditionally steam distilled out of the twigs, wood, and berries of the tree. Juniper, a coniferous tree is commonly found in Palestine, North America, and Southwest Asia. It has blue-green needle-like leaves and yellow flowers. The tree produces dark blue berries.
The juniper tree can grow between 6 to 25 feet high. Juniper berries give gin its unique flavor. (The word gin is loosely derived from the word juniper.) Juniper essential oil is pale and transparent. Its viscosity is watery.
Juniper wood is used to make furniture, wooden rulers, pencils, and other wooden tools.
Juniper Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Juniper essential oil is used in aromatherapy for spiritual, emotional and alternative medicinal purposes. Spiritually, juniper essential oil can be used in a room to cleanse and purify the air. Inhalation of the scent helps increase focus. Juniper is also used in ritual crystal cleansing.
Emotionally, juniper has been used to eliminate negative emotions such as worry, guilt, or feeling overwhelmed.*
In alternative medicine or aromatherapy, juniper essential oil supports urinary tract health, relieves chronic skin conditions, aids in digestion, and relieves pain from menstruation.* It is documented to support pancreas function and reduce the appearance of blemishes.* In aromatherapy, junipers properties are analgesic (pain relief), antimicrobial, anti-arthritis, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antirheumatic.*
Juniper Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Juniper Berry encourages self-awareness, dreaming, feeling protected and courageous behavior. Helpful to those who have nightmares, restless sleep and irrational fears.
Juniper Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Suggestions & Blends
- For use in treating acnes, eczemas and skin issues, gently massage the oil onto the skin before going to bed. When mixed with lotions, it is used to maintain a natural skin color and improve skin texture.
- To serve as an antiseptic, add drops of the oil to the bathing water.
- Freshen up a room: add drops of juniper essential oil to make a natural air freshener with a lemon scent.
- Inhalation stimulates the nervous system and helps bolster self-esteem.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Juniper Essential Oil Safety Tips
- Juniper berry oil is non-toxic making it safe for all skin types.
- DO NOT use while pregnant or if have kidney disease.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.