Ginger Root Essential Oil Properties (Zingiber officinale)
Smells warm, woody, and spicy, with a hint of lemon and pepper. Reminiscent of powdered ginger. Stimulating, warming, aphrodisiac, and tonic.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Root
- Country of Origin: China
Ginger Root Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Ginger Root Essential Oil
Ginger root essential oil is stimulating and warming, and is known around the globe as a superior tonic for the body and mind. Gingerol is the most active ingredient, providing digestive support. It can be diffused, inhaled, or massaged into the skin. It’s highly utilized throughout Chinese medicine as a way to restore chi and strengthen the heart. Ginger root essential oil is a pale yellow to deep amber color, and is mildly viscous.
Ginger root has been used for centuries. It has been popular within ancient Chinese medicine as a way of improving heart health and balancing chi. It was also one of the first products to travel along the spice route from Asia to the European countries. This is where the Greeks and Romans both made extensive use of it, particularly using it for mood enhancing powers. It was seen as an aphrodisiac. The Romans also chose to add it to wine.
Ginger Root Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Ginger root essential oil is used in many different ways. It is used to help support stomach and digestive problems, including irritable bowel syndrome, flatulence, diarrhea, as well as nausea and vomiting.* Ginger root essential oil is helpful as an aid in respiratory disorders, inflammation, menstrual problems, heart ailments, reducing stress, improving impotency, and controlling dandruff.* It is an extremely pungent oil. Use sparingly at all times.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Ginger Root Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Ginger empowers, increases self-confidence and accountability. Helpful to those who feel defeated, out of body, stuck in life or a victim.
If using Ginger for emotional wellness, try using it with our free EFT Tapping scripts for Courage and Clarity, Forgiveness, and Clearing Generational Patterns which help release these emotional issues.
Ginger Root Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Suggestions & Blends
Ginger root essential oil blends well with bay laurel, bergamot, camphor, carrot seed, cassia, cedarwood, clove, coriander, eucalyptus, fennel, frankincense sacra, geranium, grapefruit, lemon, lime, neroli, nutmeg, orange, oregano, patchouli, ravensara, rose, sandalwood, tangerine, turmeric, vetiver.
- For massage, blend a few drops of ginger root essential oil with six drops of eucalyptus into a carrier oil.
- For dandruff, add two drops into shampoo.
- For upset stomach, add two drops of ginger oil with three drops of chamomile into a warm bath.
- For stress relief, add several drops of ginger root pure essential oil into water and diffuse.
Ginger Root Essential Oil Safety Tips
- Ginger root is potent and therefore should always be diluted with a carrier oil prior to skin application.
- Use only in moderation as skin irritation is possible in highly concentrated applications.
- Avoid sunlight after applying to skin (slightly phototoxic).
- May have potential drug interaction with diabetes medications.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.