Garlic Essential Oil Properties (Allium sativum)
Familar, extemely pungent, potent scent of garlic.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Bulb
- Country of Origin: China
- Warning: VERY POTENT. Do not inhale from open bottle.
Garlic Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Garlic Essential Oil
Garlic is native to Europe and Asia. The plant grows to a height of 1-3 feet. Dioscorides, the Greek physician, used garlic for intestinal worms. Pliny, the Roman herbalist, listed garlic as a treatment for sixty-one different ailments. Garlic was used for leprosy in the Middle Ages. Native Americans applied garlic to draw out poisons of insect stings and snakebites. During WWI and WWII, European doctors dressed wounds containing garlic to prevent gangrene.
Garlic Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Documented properties of garlic essential oil include analgesic, antibacterial, anticoagulant, antifungal, antiviral, calmative, decongestant, disinfectant, diruetic, expectorant, hypotensor, insecticide, laxtive, stimulant, tonic, lymphatic toner, vasodilator.
Garlic essential oil is well known for lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.* It protects the heart and guards from respiratory tract infections.* Garlic essential oil is used for congestion and infections; it has many medicinal properties.
Garlic Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Suggestions & Blends
- Use to prevent infections and treat symptoms of bronchitis and cold. *
- Release tiredness and rejuvenate your body with garlic essential oil.
- Garlic essential oil can be used in detoxification alternative health protocols.
- Garlic essential oil is known to reduce high blood pressure as well as high cholesterol.*
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Garlic Essential Oil Safety Tips
- Do not use if taking anticoagulant medication, having major surgery, peptic ulcer, hemophilia, other bleeding disorders.
- Do not use on hypersensitive, diseased or damaged skin.
- Do not use on children under 2 years of age.
- For external use only this is considered toxic if taken internally. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.
Garlic Essential Oil Reviews
“The garlIic and onion oils are very potent. One drop goes a long way.” J. Carrell