Eucalyptus Globulus, Organic Essential Oil Properties (Eucalyptus globulus)
Refreshing and energizing, eucalyptus globulus is cooling, refreshing. Eucalyptus globulus has a higher 1,8 Cineole content than other eucalyptus oils.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Leaves
- Country of Origin: China
Eucalyptus Globulus, Organic Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Eucalyptus Globulus, Organic Essential Oil Background Information
Eucalyptus is commonly used as a decongestant. Throughout history, Eucalyptus has been used as bug in mosquito sprays and decongestants. There are hundreds of varieties of the Eucalyptus plant. Eucalyptus globulus should not be used on children.
Eucalyptus is a tree in which the leaves and twigs are collected to extract the essential oil. The leaves (main oil source) are leathery, and fragrant. There are 8 types of Eucalyptus trees that the oil is taken from. The most common is Eucalyptus Globulus. These trees are found exceptional for their oil and their height. They can grow up to 100 feet in just 10 years. It is commonly found in Australia, Tasmania, China, Spain, California, and Brazil. The Aborigines used Eucalyptus as a cure-all, especially for colds. People with poor health, would move to areas full of these trees.
Eucalyptus Globulus, Organic Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Eucalyptus globulus opens airways and is antibacterial, antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antiviral.* It is also used as an aid for arthritis and other aches and pains due to its anti-inflammatory properties.* Other therapeutic properties are analgesic, decongestant, expectorant, and it eases cough.*
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Eucalyptus Globulus, Organic Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Eucalyptus encourages, liberates, stimulates emotional healing and feelings of wellness. Helpful to those who are attached to illness in identity, clingy, defeated, seek escape, feel powerless.
Eucalyptus Globulus, Organic Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Suggestions & Blends
Eucalyptus globulus, organic blends well with bay laurel, bergamot, cypress, cajeput, cedarwood, camphor, german chamomile, roman chamomile, geranium, ginger root, grapefruit, peppermint, lavender, lemon, juniper, lemongrass, petitgrain, pine, ravensara, rosemary, sage, tea tree, tangerine, thyme.
Dilute with carrier oil for direct skin contact.
- For blocked sinuses, add two drops of eucalyptus to boiling water and create a tent to breathe in the vapors
- For clean air, add 2 drops eucalyptus and four drops orange into a diffuser
- For body oil, add 7 drops of eucalyptus and 3 teaspoons of carrier oil and spread on skin
- For perfume, add 2 drops eucalyptus with three drops of essential oil in place on both points
Eucalyptus Globulus, Organic Essential Oil Safety Tips
- Avoid if you have high blood pressure or epilepsy.
- Dilute before use; may cause skin irritation in some individuals, so a skin test is recommended prior to use. Avoid contact with eyes.
- Do not use with infants or children under ten years of age. Can cause CNS and breathing problems in young children. Keep away from children as even small amounts may be toxic.
- For external use only this is considered toxic if taken internally. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.