Cypress Essential Oil Properties (Cupressus sempervirens)
Cypress essential oil is a pleasant evergreen aroma, smoky, woody, dry and slightly nutty.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Leaves (Needles)
- Country/Area of Origin: Mediterranean
Cypress Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Cypress Essential Oil
The essential oil of the Cypress tree is collected from its leaves (needles) and twigs. Cypress oil gives a deep, earthy and smoky scent. This plant family is 17 million years old, which makes it one of the oldest. It is most commonly found in the Mediterranean. Physicians of the earlier eras prompted the lung disabled to visit the Crete Islands, which were packed full of Cypress Trees. They are frequently called “Ever-Alive,” for their ability to live for hundreds of years. It can be found in churchyards, because of their reputation of connecting with the afterlife. Egyptians use Cypress Trees to build coffins. It has become a slight tradition to plant Cypress Trees outside of burial grounds.
Cypress Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Cypress essential oil is used in aromatherapy to assist with menopausal problems, circulatory conditions, rheumatism, colds, whooping cough, nervous tension, hemorrhoids, and wounds.* This oil has also been known to endorse a soporific sleep, mental clarity and regulation of the female reproductive system.
Cypress essential oil maintains the spirit by connecting the body and mind into equilibrium, with the soul to promote inner wisdom. This essential oil helps the mind cope when starting a new chapter in life, as well as calming overstretched emotions.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Cypress Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Cypress stimulates growth, trust, flow of life, emotional growth and flexibility. Those prone to perfectionism, controlling behavior, tension and rigidity may benefit.
Cypress Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Suggestions & Blends
Cypress essential oil blends well with bay laurel, bergamot, camphor, cedarwood, clary sage, coriander, frankincense, juniper, lavender, lemon, lime, marjoram, orange, pine, rosemary, sandalwood, sage and spikenard.
Dilute with carrier oil for direct skin contact.
Cypress Essential Oil Blends
- To make transitions in life easier, vaporize 2 drops of cypress, and 4 drops of lemon.
- To calm overwhelming emotions, take a bath with 2 drops of cypress, and 4 drops of lavender.
- To sooth spasms in muscles, mix cypress, ginger, and sweet marjoram and apply it to the disturbed areas.
- To relinquish toxins form muscles and cellulite, blend cypress with grapefruit and juniper berry and rub it into the affected areas.
Cypress Essential Oil Safety Tips
- Cypress is non-toxic, making it safe for all skin types.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.