Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil Properties (Cinnamomum verum)
Sweet-spicy, herbaceous, peppery, somewhat resembling Clove and Cinnamon.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Leaves
- Country of Origin: Sri Lanka & Madagascar
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil:
Cinnamon Leaf oil originates from France, Sri Lanka, India, and Madagascar. Cinnamon is also used in Egypt. Egyptians used cinnamon in their embalming procedures. It is one of the most common spices in the Old Testament. During the 15th and 16th centuries cinnamon was one of the most prized spices, it was even more valuable than gold today.
We know the use of cinnamon leaf oil dates as far back to when the Bible was written, and even then the Jewish people then knew what is was compared to other spices around it. The Arabs in 1500 BC were in complete control of the cinnamon industry, and about eighteen-hundred years later the Romans started taking over. In Egypt they used it to embalm pharaohs. They also used it for its medicinally properties as well as the aromatic properties they used in perfumes at the time. In medieval Europe they used it in religious services, as well as also using it to treat diarrhea, menstrual complications, infections, nausea, and sore throats.
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Therapeutic properties of cinnamon leaf oil are analgesic, antiseptic, antibiotic, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, astringent, insecticide.* Cinnamon leaf oil can be an aid for rheumatism, arthritis and general pains. It calms an exhausted feeling of depression and stimulates the glandular system.*
Cinnamon leaf has been known to be helpful with the flu, rheumatism, warts, coughs, colds, and viral infections.* For centuries it has been used to support circulatory, digestive and immune-deficiency problems. This oil also helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite, stress, tiredness, and tight muscles.*
Cinnamon leaf oil improves the spirit by elevating low vitality, motivation, and creativity. Cinnamon calms the mind by uplifting emotions and helping mental exhaustion.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Cinnamon Leaf Oil Uses and Benefits / Blends & Suggestions
- To relieve feelings of depression, and hopelessness, vaporize 2 drops of cinnamon leaf, and 4 drops of sweet orange.
- To sooth mental exhaustion and promote fresh thinking, use 1 drop of cinnamon leaf on a tissue and inhale gently.
- To increasing circulation mix cinnamon leaf with ginger, and lavadin and rub it into your legs and feet twice a day.
- To aid the body through viral infections take a bath with 1 drop cinnamon leaf and 3 drops ginger once day.
- To sooth indigestion blend cinnamon with coriander and tangerine and apply it to the abdomen using clockwise strokes.
- Put two to three drops in a spray bottle for a quick, effective, and pleasant smelling cleaner.
- Put one drop on your toothbrush then add toothpaste for healthier teeth and gums.
- Dilute cinnamon with a plain oil then apply to cold, and achy joints in the winter time for relief.
- For a warm diffuser blend three drops of cinnamon with two drops white fir, and two drops clove essential oils.
- For a autumn room spray, combine 4 ounces of water with four ounces witch hazel and twenty drops cinnamon leaf, fifteen drops ginger, fifteen drops clove, fifteen drops orange, and five drops of cardamom.
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil Safety Tips
Cinnamon Leaf essential oil is non-toxic; however it may cause mild irritations to allergy prone skin. Avoid if you have cancer. May inhibit blood clotting and may interfere with SSRIs / MAOIs.
Cinnamon Leaf Pure Essential Oil Reviews
“Although, I don’t know the results yet; I love the aroma!!!” – M. Flores
“OMG. I use this essential oil to enhance my lip and believe me is great. It is awesome!”- Gloria Gonzalez