Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Properties (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
Cinnamon, clove-like scent.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Bark
- Country of Origin: Madagascar, Sri Lanka
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
Cinnamon is an evergreen tree native to Asia. It grows to 30-50 feet.
Cinnamon is one of the oldest spices mentioned in the Old Testament. Chinese herbalists wrote about cinnamon as early as 2700 B.C. It was used for fever, diarrhea, and menstrual problems. Egyptians used cinnamon in embalming procedures. Ancient Greece and Rome royalty used cinnamon, but the royals were the only ones who could afford it.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
In recent years, research has shown cinnamon to be effective in lowering blood sugar levels.*
Japanese researchers have shown that cinnamon kills fungi, bacteria and other microorganisms.
Cinnamon bark is to be used in the homeopathic treatment of conditions revolving around poor circulation. When used as a rub, this oil warms deep tissues and allows the muscles to relax. As a digestion aid, it stimulates salivation and can actually help support burning body fat.*
With its wintry aroma, cinnamon bark essential oil not only lightens the body and mind but enhances various senses.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Cinnamon bark encourages healthy sexuality, harmony, intimacy, attractiveness and body-acceptance. Those with feelings of jealousy, abuse, sexual repression or overactive sexuality may find balance with cinnamon bark oil.
If using cinnamon for emotional wellness, try using it with our free EFT Tapping scripts with products Clearing Generational Patterns essential oil blend, Forgiveness essential oil blend, Open Heart, and Purification body mind lotions, which help release these emotional issues.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Suggestions & Blends
Try a mixture of two drops lavender essential oil and two drops cinnamon bark essential oil to create an aromatic, flowery effect.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Safety Tips
- May inhibit blood clotting, or cause mucous membrane irritation (low risk) or skin sensitization (high risk).
- Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you are taking diabetes medication or anticoagulant medication, or if you have a peptic ulcer, hemophilia or another bleeding disorder. Dilute well before use.
- May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.