Bergamot Essential Oil Properties (Citrus bergamia) – Organic
Extremely rich, sweet, fruity characteristic scent.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Cold Pressed from Peel
- Country of Origin: Italy
Bergamot Essential Oil Packaged – Organic
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Bergamot Essential Oil – Organic
Bergamot is an evergreen citrus tree which grows to a height of 15 feet. Its flower is bitter orange with green and yellow skin. It has a pulp, but it is simply too bitter to eat, so Bergamot is harvested only for its ability to provide essential oil. Bergamot essential oil is obtained from the fruit peel. Bergamot cannot be grown by planting its seed. The young shoots of the tree are intertwined and grafted with other citrus varieties in order to make more trees. Bergamot trees can be found in Italy, Morocco, and Guinea. Bergamot is known for its fragrant scent and is used in perfumery.
Bergamot Essential Oil Uses and Benefits – Organic
Bergamot essential oil is a powerful oil used to uplift moods, relieve stress and anxiety. It sharpens the mind, improves clarity, promotes restful sleep and combats fatigue. Bergamot is uplifting emotionally and helps strengthen courage and dispels emotions of failure. This essential oil helps support emotional cleansing so energy can be put into practical solutions.
It can be used as a natural cleaner, a nice alternative as it has a sweet, clean odor.
Bergamot documented properties in aromatherapy are analgesic, antidepressant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antistress, calmative, deodorant, digestive, expectorant, insecticide, laxative, parasiticide, refreshing, sedative, stomachic, tonic, uplifting, vermifuge, vulnerary.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Bergamot Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Bergamot helps increase confidence, hope, self-acceptance and optimism. It helps those prone to self-judgment, hopelessness, despair and low self-esteem.
If using bergamot for emotional wellness, try using it with our free EFT Tapping scripts with products Precious, Forgiveness essential oil blends and Courage and Clarity, Purification body mind lotions, which help release these emotional issues.
Bergamot Essential Oil Uses and Benefits – Organic / Suggestions & Blends
Bergamot blends well with bay leaf, balsam fir, black pepper, cardamom, carrot seed, cassia, coriander, cedarwood, Roman chamomile, German chamomile, camphor, cypress, clary sage, fennel, frankincense, geranium, helichrysum, lavender, lemon, lime, neroli, nutmeg, palmarosa, petitgrain, ravensara, sage, vetiver, ylang ylang.
Dilute with carrier oil for direct skin contact.
- Relieve anxiety: Take a bath with 2 drops of bergamot, and 4 drops neroli.
- Calm grief: Use 2 drops of bergamot, 4 drops of rose otto, and 4 drops of sandalwood and apply to your body in long, comforting strokes.
- Relieve sores: use a hot compress with 2 drops of bergamot, and 4 drops of tea tree.
- Add a few drops in a diffuser to freshen the aroma climate of your home.
- Sniff directly from the bottle to feel fresh and fight melancholy.
- Add 10 drops to unscented body care to help for a luxurious experience.
Bergamot Essential Oil – Organic Safety Information
- Phototoxic, avoid direct sunlight for at least 12 hours after applying to skin.
- Avoid use on hypersensitive, diseased or damaged skin.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.