Holy Basil Essential Oil – Tulsi Properties (Ocimum sanctum)
Fresh and sweet, warm, spicy, reminiscent of clove, not as pungent as other basil varieties.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Leaves
- Country of Origin: India
- Also known as Tulsi and Sacred Basil
Holy Basil Essential Oil (Tulsi) Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Holy Basil Essential Oil (Tulsi)
Holy Basil essential oil (Tulsi) is gotten from the Holy Basil leaves, the plant is also known as “Tulsi”. It is native to the Tropical Asia, but now found in most tropical parts of the world. It is an erect, tall sub shrub with hairy stems, and simple green on purple leaves. It is considered a sacred plants by the Hindus and often planted around their shrines. It is widely known among the Indian sub-continent as a medicinal plant. It is cultivated for its essential oil and medical use.
Holy Basil Essential Oil Uses and Benefits (Tulsi)
Holy Basil essential oil or Tulsi oil is a variety considered as one of the most valuable of Basil. Aromatic and stimulating and can be used in many skin treatments, it is particularly effective in soothing and softening skin.
It may act as a natural repellent to keep mosquitoes and other insects away. It can help heal skin, relieve pain and calm the itch of an insect bite.* It has anti-inflammatory properties and has been found to relieve headache in many people.*
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Holy Basil Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Basil renews, energizes, rejuvenates and strengthens the spirit. It is helpful for the anxious weary, overwhelmed, tired, drained, exhausted and those with negative, addictive habits.
If using basil for emotional wellness, try using it with our free EFT Tapping scripts with products Peace essential oil blend, Courage and Clarity and Purification body mind lotions, which help release these emotional issues.
Holy Basil Essential Oil Uses and Benefits (Tulsi) / Suggestions & Blends
- Holy Basil essential oil Tulsi blends well with lavender, clary sage, cedarwood, thyme, bergamot, geranium, orange, rosemary.
- Dilute with a carrier oil for direct skin contact.
- To support recovery from a cold, put a few drops in warm bath water.
- For spiritual upliftment, pour a few drops into a handkerchief and inhale.
- For dull hair, add a few drops on the palm of hand and massage into hair.
Holy Basil Essential Oil (Tulsi) Safety Tips
- May be a strong skin irritant, so avoid when pregnant and if nursing.
- Use in low dilutions.
- Do not use with children.
- It is not recommended to use this product with the elderly, those who have occupational exposure to carcinogens, smokers, or heavy drinkers.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.
Holy Basil Essential Oil – Tulsi Reviews
“This stuff smells GREAT! I use a good deal of aroma therapy essential oils and this oil really does smell very very good (for what that is worth).” – L. Pim
Helps with acne and other ailments. My teenage daughter loves using it!” – tealover1999
I use this oil when necessary. It is a great away of not using drugs for pain reliever. It works fine for pain.” – Iola
Great scent really enjoy diffusing it.” – S. Denham
“Nice oil. Smells clean and fresh when diffused.” – R.P.
”Arrived on time. The product is excellent.” – K. Salem
”This is an excellent product. The smell is very pleasant and relaxing. It’s now my most favorite essential oil to use in a diffuser.” – E. Fox
”Works great! Love it! Arrived fine.” M. Bornio
”Great product. Excellent quality. Arrived in a very timely manner and packaged with care. Thank you. I will continue to buy your products.” – S. Rice