Essential oils for sinus issues listed below are helpful for temporary relief.* Sinusitis is a bacterial infection or inflammation of one or more of the sinus passages located in the bones surrounding the eyes and nose. It could be caused by a cold, flu, tonsillitis, allergies or poor mouth hygiene. The symptoms include nasal congestion, nosebleed, fatigue, headache, ear pain, pain around the eyes, a mild fever or cough.
Steam Inhalation of Essential Oils for Sinusitis – Essential Oils for Sinus*
For temporary relief of sinus pain, use steam inhalation with the following essential oils added:
DIY Massage Oil for Sinusitis – Essential Oils for Sinus*
- 2 drops eucalyptus globulus essential oil
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 3 drops rosemary essential oil
- 3 drops rose geranium essential oil
Massage the oil around the nose, in front and behind the ears, forehead, cheekbones, nose and the neck.
Breathe Clearly Essential Oil Blend Safety Tips
- Do not use if pregnant, have high blood pressure or have epilepsy.
- Avoid use on hypersensitive, diseased or damaged skin.
- Do not use with infants or children under ten years of age.
- Phototoxic, so avoid using it when exposed to sunlight 12 hours prior to topical application.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, mitigate, or prevent any disease. This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA. Consult your physician should symptoms persist. If you have any medical conditions, contact your health care practitioner prior to use. This information is not medical advice.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.