Asthma can be more than just a bother, it can be life threatening. It is triggered by different things for different people. For some, it’s stress, for others pollen, for others exercise, even foods or certain emotional situations can trigger asthma. There are some essential oils that can help to reopen air passageways and help breathing.* We recommend using a slow, monitoring approach to figuring out which essential oils are best for you, with special attention on what the root cause of the asthma might be and what triggers asthma attacks. Of course, this is all within the approval of your physician and is only meant as additional support to any medical treatment.
Essential Oils for Asthma Support*
These essential oils have been shown to be helpful in the aid of reducing symptoms of asthma:
- Cypress essential oil
- Oregano essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil
- Eucalyptus globulus essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Thyme essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Bergamot essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
Essential Oil Safety Tips
- Use of these oils is only suggested to supplement medical treatment you may be under.
- Always seek the approval of your physician before using any essential oils for asthma or allergies.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.