Wintergreen Essential Oil Properties (Gaultheria fragrantissima Wall)
Wintergreen essential oil is invigorating. It has the odor of strong wintergreen or teaberry plants. It uplifts the spirit and revitalizes the mind with a refreshing aroma that is woody, cooling, and spells sharply of wintergreen.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Leaves
- Country of Origin: Nepal
Wintergreen Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Wintergreen Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Many say that Wintergreen is nature’s aspirin. Its cortisone effects have been widely documented, and it is very popular with people suffering from rheumatism, arthritis, gout, chronic pain, carpal tunnel, and more due to its pain relieving effects.* It helps to reduce spasms and eliminates pain thereby inducing necessary relaxation. Other reported therapeutic benefits are deodorant, mental alertness, stimulates gall bladder function, promotes a positive self-image and forgiveness.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Wintergreen Essential Oil Suggestions for Blends
- Keep away from children. Do not ingest.
- Use cautiously as 99% of wintergreen is salicylate, the main ingredient in aspirin. Never use internally, and use very, very carefully topically. Maximum skin use level is 2.4%.
- Not recommended for usage in persons who take aspirin regularly, are allergic to aspirin, on anticoagulant (blood thinning) medication, major surgery, hemophilia, other bleeding disorders.
- May be harmful if swallowed consult a poison control center or emergency room immediately if accidentally consumed.
- Avoid if pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not use on children or with salicylate sensitivity (often applies in ADD/ADHD).
- If you have had a history of health problems, consult your physician before use.