Melissa Essential Oil Properties (Melissa officinalis) Lemon Balm Oil
Characteristic green, lemon scent.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Leaves
- Country of Origin: Spain & France
- Also known as Lemon Balm
Melissa Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Melissa Essential Oil
Melissa is native to Europe and the Mediterranean. The plant grows up to 3 feet in height.
The ancient Greeks placed twigs of Melissa to attract bees. Emperor Charlemagne ordered the herb grown to guarantee supply as Melissa became a popular remedy for nervousness and anxiety. In the eleventh century, Arabs found it beneficial to relieve melancholy.
Middle Age herbalists expanded the use of Melissa herb to include insomnia, pain, digestive problems, and menstrual cramps. Charles V, the King of France, drank a lemon balm tea for health. In the Amazon region, leaves are taken to calm nerves.
Melissa Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Reported therapeutic properties include antiseptic, antispasmodic, acne, antidepressant, breathing, anxiety, nightmares, anger, digestion, cold sores.
Also known as Lemon Balm, Melissa Essential Oil is considered one of the most powerfully medicinal essential oils in aromatherapy. Emotionally, Melissa oil is a sedative, calming yet uplifting.
Melissa essential oil is a strong antiviral and is concentrated enough to cause Herpes Simplex to go into remission by a single drop on the area several times per day. This was reported by a Technical University of Munich.*
Melissa has been known to aid issues of nervousness, bacterial infections, fungal infections, diarrhea, and eczema.*
The spirit and Melissa essential oil work together to comfort during times of grief while giving a sense of empowerment and hope.
Physically, Melissa oil gives energy boosts, relieves headaches and stomach pain, while lessening stress.*
Melissa oil (Lemon Balm) is also found in pharmaceutics, and perfumery.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Melissa Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Suggestions & Blends
Melissa essential oil blends well with citronella, geranium, lavender, lemon, orange, neroli, rose and ylang ylang.
- To help decrease anxiety takes a bath with 2 drops of Melissa, and 4 drops of Lavender.*
- To balance emotions, mix Melissa, Roman Chamomile, and Neroli, then apply it to the skin in long gentle strokes.
- To boost energy levels, blend Melissa, and Tangerine, then softly massage the mixture into your body when necessary.
- To soothe head pain, add 2 drops of Melissa to 1 tsp. carrier oil, and apply it to your forehead, temples or neck.
- To ease an unsettled stomach, add 4 drops of Melissa, 4 drops of Grapefruit, and 2 drops of Peppermint to 4 tsp. carrier oil, and massage it into your abdomen in a clockwise fashion as needed.
- To lessen stress-related elevated blood pressure, bathe with 2 drops of Melissa, and 4 drops of Neroli.
- A nightly diffusion for a stress-relieving rub (shoulders, forehead, or chest).
- Use as a skin rejuvenator, either as a moisturizer or a spray. Dilute with water.
- It has quick-acting topical healing properties if a small amount is dabbed on breakouts or blemishes or will soothe irritated places on the lips or skin or add it to lip balm or skin cream.
- Blend melissa with lavender and ylang ylang to boost effectiveness
- Use 2-3 drops of Melissa, 3 drops each of Bergamot and Peppermint with a diffuser, added to a bath, or a lotion.
- Diffuse into the air, add to a tablespoon of carrier oil or lotion (for massage), or use in a bath to ease depression or indecisiveness.
- Blend 5 drops Melissa, 5 drops Lavender, and 10 drops Tea tree in a roller bottle with fractioned coconut oil for a topical treatment for itchy patches of skin.
Dilute with carrier oil for direct skin contact.
Melissa Essential Oil Safety Tips
May disrupt sensitive skin when bathed with or massaged. Avoid is pregnant, taking diabetic medication or have hypersensitive, diseased or damaged skin. Do not use on children under 2 years of age.
Melissa Pure Essential Oil Reviews
“I love the rich, calming aroma of this essential oil. I will definitely purchase again when the bottle is used up. And due to the quality of this oil, I will most likely purchase other oils from this company.” – J.V.
“This smells great and has very nice pleasant uplifting effects apparent right off. It muscle tests very good of course. I dilute it as the label says – 1:4 with a carrier oil. I like using fractionated coconut oil (MCT oil) as my main carrier oil instead of the almond oil recommended on the label.” – T.M.
“Beautiful Product!!” – C.L.D.
“Nice oil! Very fragrant and long lasting.” – L.M.G.
“Second order. Will continue to order from this company. Excellent oil. Very pleasant surprise!” – J.L.V.
“Excellent quality.” – J.L.V.
“Wonderful … Great Prices.” – C.W.
“PERFECT Transaction! Great Price, High Quality Product!” – M.S.
“Geat product! Thank you!” – T.B.
“Impressive oils. Impressive company. Great prices. Been using them lots and enjoying the benefits.” – T.E.M.
“Awesome” – A.A.
“Seller did a great job & product arrived early & packaged perfect. The oil smells great & you will appreciate using it.” – C.B.
“Very nice product.” – KH
“Seems to have met my expectations.” – JC
“Great quality for price.” – PP
“Fast delivery, fair price and quality totally as described. This seller is awesome as are their products!!! Thanks!” – DM
“The Melissa oil arrived quickly and it smells just like my lemon balm plants. So far it seems great. I haven’t really had a chance to use it other than diffusing it once. It’s a bit of a thin oil so it drops out super fast.”. – D. Quist
“First purchase and am absolutely pleased. Precisely what I needed to combat the zoster virus. A modest investment for such a valuable product. I highly recommend.” – P.L. Farrand
“Love it.” – L.M. Miller
“Super-fast shipping, item as described, thank you!” – K. MacPhail
“Such a wonderful seller – fast shipping and great item. Thanks!” – L. Bergenfel
“Product as described and arrived on time.” – P. Phillips
“I’ve had wonderful results using this beautiful essential oil for anxiety. Works better than prescription meds with no side effects.” – P. Wells
“Perfect delivery, fast service.” – D. Read
“Pretty good products and arrived promptly!” – A. Hsu
“Best Pure Melissa Oil. If you want a good one, this is the one that you can trust.” – R. Suwanatat
“Love it.” – J.D.
“GREAT PRODUCT.” – N. Terakawa
Reviews and testimonials reflect the individual reviewer’s results only. Product results may vary based on the user and no guarantee of results are implied.