Lime Essential Oil Properties (Citrus aurantifolia)
Once used in the Asian culture for its antiseptic qualities, today lime essential oil is known for its cooling and uplifting effects on the mind and body. Light, fresh green, citrus scent. Penetrating, clean odor.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Cold Pressed of Lime peels
- Country of Origin: Italy
Lime Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Lime Essential Oil
Lime essential oil is made from the rinds or peels of limes. Some people assume the oil is made from the juice, when in fact it is expressed from the peel. Lime trees can grow to be 10 feet high and have fragrant white flower buds that blossom the acidic fruit. Lime trees are most commonly found in Brazil, Mexico, Italy, and the West Indies. Just like its partner, the Lemon, Limes were not highly regarded until doctors found their high levels of vitamin C.
Limes are believed to have originated from Asia (the East Indian Archipelago where it is found on almost all the islands). From there, it spread to the west coast of South America, then to East Africa, Iran, Egypt and Arabia where it was used extensively.
Lime Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Its aroma inspires and brings fresh energy and clears the mind. It is excellent for use in a diffuser to freshen the home. A helpful natural cleaner, try adding a few drops to the water when washing dishes or cleaning the house.
Limes are commonly used for soothing fevers, rheumatism, sore throats, headaches, anorexia, alcoholism, depression, and anxiety.* The oil has also been used as astringents and tonics. Lime oil has been known to strengthen the nervous system, reduce stress, and soothe insect bites.* The body is helped by Lime oil via aiding the body reducing cellulite and aiding the release of skin impurities.*
Lime essential oil has the capacity to renew inner clarity, which permits better decision-making. It can stimulate your sense of internal purpose while boosting liveliness to move forward. Lime aids the body by stimulating emotions preventing apathy, and rejuvenating mental clarity.
This essential oil possesses antiseptic, antiviral, astringent, aperitif, bactericidal, disinfectant, haemostatic, restorative and tonic properties.*
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Lime Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Blends & Suggestions
Lime essential oil blends well with bergamot, camphor, carrot seed, cassia, chamomile German, chamomile Roman, cinnamon, citronella, geranium, grapefruit, lavender, lemon, lemongrass, tea tree, neroli, nutmeg, orange, palmarosa, patchouli, petitgrain, pine, ravensara, rose, rosemary, sage, tangerine, vetiver, ylang ylang.
- To stimulate emotions against apathy, vaporize 3 drops of Lime, and 3 drops of Bergamot.
- To rejuvenate the mental state, mix lime oil with Neroli and Frankincense. Rub the blend into the skin wherever necessary.
- To aid systems through infections, try inhalations and daily baths with 2 drops of Lime Oil and 4 drops of Ginger Oil.
- To reduce cellulite, mix Lime with Juniper Berry and Nutmeg. Apply it to any areas affected by cellulite, always stroking towards the heart.
- Blend 2 drops of lime essential oil with 2 drops of grapefruit oil. Inhale deeply to promote the healing of throat infections and to assist in sinus decongestion.
- Blend with neroli and frankincense. Apply on the body to soothe the nervous system, boost mental clarity and help reduce stress and tension.
- Blend with lemon oil and add 2 drops in an aromatic bath for soothing the digestive system, along with promoting joint and muscle health.
- Add a few drops to your dishwashing liquid for a clean, invigorating scent.
- Inhale directly for fresh energy and to refresh the mind.
Lime Essential Oil Safety Tips
This oil is non-toxic, making it safe for all skin types. It is phototoxic. DO NOT massage Lime essential oil into your skin if you are going to be exposed to sunlight within 12 hours. Old or oxidized oils should be avoided as skin sensitization can occur.
Lime Essential Oil Storage
Store away from direct sunlight and heat. The refrigerator is an ideal place for storage of lime oil.
Lime Essential Oil Reviews
“Will definitely be buying more essential oils from BioSource Naturals. The Oakmoss, Lime, and Eucalyptus Lemon are fantastic!!! Thank you so much for your courtesy and FABULOUS ESSENTIAL OILS!!! Take care and GOD Bless.” – Sam Tomaino