Lemongrass, Organic Essential Oil Properties ((Cymbopogon schoenanthus)
Strong, fresh, grassy, citrusy, lemon peel-like, herbaceous, tea-like scent with earthy notes.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Grass
- Country of Origin: Sri Lanka
Lemongrass, Organic Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Lemongrass, Organic Essential Oil
Lemongrass is a type of grass, where the whole plant is needed to make the pure essential oil. This unusual grass can grow to be about 2 feet tall, with sharp leaves. This grass does not sprout flowers. The grass is found naturally in Brazil, Sri Lanka, and Central Africa. This fragrant grass was used in the ancient cultures to normalize and ease symptoms of PMS.
Lemongrass, Organic Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Mankind has found that lemongrass is another of nature’s miracles. Lemongrass essential oil has properties of relieving headaches, sore throats, respiratory problems, and fevers, as well as being a tonic, antiseptic, and insect repellent.*
Lemongrass oil offers an earthy scent while blooming with bursts of citrus and floral fragrances. When used in moderation, it is an oil that prevents dry, oily skin and leaves an individual feeling utterly refreshed. Lemongrass aids the spirit by promoting clarity, and the dissolution of negative emotions. The mind is also helped by improving focus, and helps one get a good night’s rest. Lemongrass essential oil is beneficial when working through emotions of resentment.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Lemongrass, Organic Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Blends & Suggestions
- To improve focus, place 1 drop lemongrass on a tissue and inhale.
- To receive a restful sleep, vaporize 2 drops of lemongrass, with 2 drops of lavender as you sleep.
- To soothe physical tension, mix lemongrass with ginger and lavadin and massage it into the affected areas.
- To reduce constipation, mix lemongrass with coriander seed, and tangerine then apply it twice daily to the abdomen in a clockwise fashion.
Lemongrass, Organic Essential Oil Safety Tips
A recommended dermal maximum of 0.7% to avoid skin sensitization. Do not use on hypersensitive, diseased or damaged skin. Do not use on children under 2 years of age. Do not use while pregnant or nursing.