Organic Fir Needle Essential Oil Properties (Abies sibirica)
Crisp scent of a beautiful forest.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distillation from Needles
- Country of Origin: Bulgaria
Organic Fir Needle Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Organic Fir Needle Essential Oil
Native Americans used all parts of Fir trees. The internal bark was made into medicinal tea, the roots were eaten for relief from oral pains, and the resin was used to heal skin wounds. We now use the resin as an adhesive for microscope slides, oral issues, and hemorrhoid creams. The Christian tradition uses large Firs to decorate our homes during the Christmas season.
The fir has many other uses as well, and various cultures have used the leaves of the tree because of medicinal properties, particularly joint inflammation, respiratory conditions, and muscle aches. Germany, Bulgaria and France are the largest producing companies of this essential oil, primarily because of large forest areas.
Organic Fir Needle Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
The rich sweet balsam scent is derived from the needles and is wonderful for winter holiday scents or summer cooler blends. It is more subtle than other pine oils, yet more spicy than Spruce.
Aromatherapy properties include refreshing, invigorating, stimulating, and strengthening. Fir Needle essential oil is mood uplifting, refreshing, reviving. It improves mental clarity and encourages communication.
Fir Needle essential oil vapors open the sinus and breathing passes.* It deepens breathing.
Other uses include detoxification, improving respiratory function, reducing body odor, preventing osteoporosis.* Fir Needle pure essential oil is used to reduce the appearance/production of cellulite.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Organic Fir Needle Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Suggestions & Blends
- Add a few drops to a diffuser for a great way to wake up and feel energized.
- Often used in room sprays, detergents, cough and cold preparations. To make a room spray, combine 2 oz of distilled water with about 10 drops of essential oil in a mister and shake well.
- For joint inflammation, mix 10 drops fir with 5 drops citrus and 1 oz jojoba wax to use in a massage
- For a cough, mix two drops with hot water and create a steam tent.
- For stress reduction, mix two drops with water into a diffuser.
- For infections, create a balm using two to three drops of fir with two drops of lemon essential oil and beeswax.
Organic Fir Essential Oil Safety Tips
Not for internal use. Keep out of reach of children. Always dilute with a carrier oil if applied to skin.