Bergamot Essential Oil Properties (Citrus bergamia) – Organic
Extremely rich, sweet, fruity characteristic scent.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Cold Pressed from Peel
- Country of Origin: Italy
Bergamot Essential Oil Packaged – Organic
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Bergamot Essential Oil – Organic
Bergamot is an evergreen citrus tree which grows to a height of 15 feet. Its flower is bitter orange with green and yellow skin. It has a pulp, but it is simply too bitter to eat, so Bergamot is harvested only for its ability to provide essential oil. Bergamot essential oil is obtained from the fruit peel. Bergamot cannot be grown by planting its seed. The young shoots of the tree are intertwined and grafted with other citrus varieties in order to make more trees. Bergamot trees can be found in Italy, Morocco, and Guinea. Bergamot is known for its fragrant scent and is used in perfumery.
Bergamot Essential Oil Uses and Benefits – Organic
Bergamot essential oil is a powerful oil to uplift moods, relieve stress and anxiety. It sharpens the mind, improves clarity. It helps emotional cleansing so energy can be put into practical solutions. It promotes restful sleep and combats fatigue. It is uplifting emotionally and helps strengthen courage and dispels emotions of failure.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
It can be used as a natural cleaner, a nice alternative as it has a sweet, clean odor.
Bergamot documented properties in aromatherapy are analgesic, antidepressant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antistress, calmative, deodorant, digestive, expectorant, insecticide, laxative, parasiticide, refreshing, sedative, stomachic, tonic, uplifting, vermifuge, vulnerary.
Bergamot Essential Oil Uses and Benefits – Organic / Suggestions & Blends
Bergamot blends well with bay leaf, balsam fir, black pepper, cardamom, carrot seed, cassia, coriander, cedarwood, Roman chamomile, German chamomile, camphor, cypress, clary sage, fennel, frankincense, geranium, helichrysum, lavender, lemon, lime, neroli, nutmeg, palmarosa, petitgrain, ravensara, sage, vetiver, ylang ylang.
Dilute with carrier oil for direct skin contact.
- Relieve anxiety: Take a bath with 2 drops of Bergamot, and 4 drops Neroli.
- Calm grief: Use 2 drops of Bergamot, 4 drops of Rose Otto, and 4 drops of Sandalwood and apply to your body in long, comforting strokes.
- Relieve sores: use a hot compress with 2 drops of Bergamot, and 4 drops of Tea tree.
- Add a few drops in a diffuser to freshen the aroma climate of your home.
- Sniff directly from the bottle to feel fresh and fight melancholy.
- Add 10 drops to unscented body care to help for a luxurious experience.
Bergamot Essential Oil – Organic Safety Tips
- Bergamot is phototoxic. This means you should avoid massaging it into your skin if you are going out into strong sunlight within 12 hours of application.
- Avoid if you have cancer.